Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Sun Is Out And There Is Work To Be Done . . .

Wow, Mom and Dad have sure put me to work since the weather's been nice! We are trying to tye up a few loose ends before Dad has surgery in two weeks! Today I was helping Mom rake up some leaves and twigs. I was concentrating really hard on getting it all!Indian war paint??? Nope, that's red rock folks. Just think what I would look like if I didn't have dark colors on. For some reason, I think it's fun to eat gravel army crawl across the driveway. Who knew rocks could be so much fun!! :)

This past weekend, I worked really hard, along with Daddy and Pappa, building a fence and gate across the front of the pool. Mom didn't catch it on camera, but I made sure to test out their work and prove that it was really baby proof . . . for now! Oh yes, and Joey helped too! These next few shots are the before/during shots.

Daddy using the saw

Putting the finishing touches on

The final project. The two side panels and gate is what we completed. We also placed gates at the top of both flights of stairs. I will have to first get out of the house, then go through two gates to get to the pool. Don't get me wrong, it could be done. Mom and Dad are going to buy a couple pool alarms too. SCARY!! Mommy is really not sure if it's worth it. . . however, we do have an irrigation ditch passing a few feet from our front door, and a huge irrigation pond across our driveway. The doors from the house are going to be bolted shut. . .and I'm never going to have any fun!

Enjoying the sun! Supervising the boys fixing the fence



Hmmmm, what to do, what to do!

Two weekends ago, I helped Daddy, Pappa and Grandpa Bruce fix our backyard fence. Everything we used was re-used. We used the same metal fencing/panels that were there, and used posts and rails that we found in other places on the farm. Mom and Dad didn't spend a penny on the fence! More toys for me!!!

If you look carefully, you will notice it was a family affair . . . Phoebe is in the back of Pappa's truck, and Joey looks like a fence post.

This shot was in the middle of tearing the fence down. Mom didn't think quick enough to get the real "before" pics. The fence used to be three rails across, now there's only one on top. You can see one panel of the old fencing in the next picture. It's the last wooden panel before the white fencing.

After pics


No comments:

Post a Comment